Saturday, November 21, 2009

TWILIGHT MOMS.....

Ok so this morning I'm up early and watching the news....nothing new I'm an adult and I like to know what is going on in the world. Well on Good Morning America today they had a segment on about Twilight Moms. Yes they are out there and their group is growing. They seem to be giving the tweens a run for their money! Lol.

Now I've read the books, I've seen the movie and you can bet your bippy that I'm going to see New Moon in the theater! But I'm not obsessed with it. I'll admit I'm excited for it!! I'm not going to go join a club over it, lol. But I could really relate to what they were saying in the report. See Teenage girls love Twilight because of how hot Edward is or how hot Jacob is. But as an adult reading it I was taken in by the love story. The Twilight Moms say it gives you a spark of romance and I really do agree with that. It's been sometime since i read something that made me sigh out loud and giggle out loud when I read it. Heck to be honest the only book I've ever read that did that to me was a book called The Cat that went to Paris. (Very good read by the way)

Twilight gives you the romance you want out of life. It renews your faith in romance. The fact that someone could love you so much that they'd give their life for you is a very strong thing to women. Especially in this day and age of men who don't know what they want anymore. I swear most of the men I date are 12 year old boys trapped in 30 to 40 year old bodies. No one can commit because they are too afraid to let someone in. Everyone holds you at arms distance and no one wants to admit they like you because if they did that may show a weakness.

But as I read Twilight, Edward was the most wonderful man. He loved Bella with all his heart (or all he could since he's a vampire and he has no real heart, lol). Come on ladies deep down inside everyone wants a man like that. One that will pick you up when you fall, one that will love you unconditionally, one that be by your side good or bad, one that will give you that kiss that not only stops time but fills you with every emotion you can imagine! Yeah it's a romance book...and I'll read it over and over again because I know that there is a wonderful romance out there for me! I've not given up yet....he just needs to find me!

So as for you Twilight Moms.....ENJOY! And don't worry what people think, Twilight is for all ages!

Hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment