Monday, September 6, 2010

DUST OFF THE COBWEBS....

Ok, so I've taken the summer off from blogging and I've just been having me time. In fact I've taken the past five, count them five months off of dating and men and I really have to say that after the past five years these past five months have been wonderful :)

I've taken this time to put me first (which if you ask me I should of done a long time ago). I've come to the conclusion that I'm ok just as I am. For the longest time I thought everything was my fault in everything I did. And that I must be the common factor in all my relationships failing. And I was in a very dark place for a bit emotionally and in matters of the heart. But I took a step back and looked at all of that and came to the conclusion that I've been dating the same kind of man for five years. All different shapes and sizes and ages. But in the end...the same man. Unattached, unable to commit and the minute he feels trapped by the "B word" (boyfriend) he bolts. So I gave it all up and I poured time into me instead of pouring all my time and energy into trying to figure out what I can do to make someone else happy.

I finally realized I'm the one that matters. ME!!!!!! I've taken this time and I've had a wonderful summer of ME! Lol!! I went swimming and got a nice tan. I have been working out and trying to get back on track with Weight Watchers. I've taken in countless movies (that I wanted to see). I've read books and taken naps. It all may sound really trivial and silly to some but it has made me happy. And, helped my heart to heal. Sure I have my days where i curse all men and wish that they would just vanish off the face of the earth....I am after all a woman! Lol!! But for the most I just say....blah to you mister! Ha ha!

I've begun reading Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Now single ladies....take heed and read! it's wonderful for me at this time in my life because it is a story of a woman in her 30's searching for what makes her whole again. And, well.....I'm in that search. That wonderful search of what makes me happy. And I can honestly say I'm the most peaceful right now with my inner self. If that makes sense to any of you :)

The trip I took to Branson this summer was wonderful and it got me away and let me cut loose and laugh and be happy. It's amazing how a mini holiday can do that for someone :) I even got to hit a concert this summer. And am looking forward to a couple of other concerts this fall. Which isn't like me at all. But I'm 34....so it's my time!

Scarlett has been busy too. She's had a full summer of taking care of Mama. She said just the other day she is ready for fall and all that brings. I think she's just ready for football, LOL!!

Take care all and be sure to stay tuned to us.....

No comments:

Post a Comment