Saturday, April 10, 2010

OMG....DISHES!!

Ok, so for those of you who know me well you know how I can get about cleaning and about dishes in particular! Well anal clean Melanie has met her boyfriend and his son and his brother! Lol! Three men living together....need I say more? I let it go as long as I could but last night I tackled the dishes!! And oh how I felt better! I've been eyeing a pan over there that has sat on the stove for way too long and last night my inner anal clean freak won! Lol!! Justin has told me before that he's not going to let me clean is house, but damn, I'm just gonna do it! I understand that with a child it's hard sometimes and he's busy with work and he's been very tired lately, so I just did it on my own! And I told him last night that I'm just going to do dishes twice a week! And I hear from the living room his brother go...."I don't have a problem with that!" I told Justin he has gained a girlfriend and his brother has gained a maid! Ha ha!

Dishes are a bit of a pet peeve for me. They gotta be done! When I sat down last night with the guys to watch a movie I had accomplished just that! All dishes in the house were done! Koby at one point goes "Melanie, you can leave those dishes for dad to do later, you can come play a game with me now" insert cute five year old smile here. And I told him, "well we can play in a little bit, I'm going to do dishes now so dad can enjoy his day tomorrow." It's little things like that that I think are important. I wanted to help and I did. It may of been just dishes but I made Justin's day a bit better just by doing that simple thing.

I'm not as bad as Monk, but I do like my dishes clean and put away. Or at least clean and in the rack! Lol, that's where most of mine are!

Another thing that surprised me, I took over the movie All About Steve (one of my favorites) and we watched it and the guys really seemed to like it! They actually laughed! So score one for the lady! Well I guess I should get my butt in gear! I've got some dish cloths to make for a wedding present!

Take care my darlings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment